1. Who should get the Eligibility Certificate?
A. Student seeking admission to First Year PUC
i) A student who has passed an Equivalent examination to SSLC of Karnataka from
any other country, other than India must obtain an Eligibility Certificate.
ii) A student who has passed an Equivalent Examination to SSLC of Karnataka from
other state Boards/CBSE/ICSE/IGCSENIOS etc from other states in India
B. Should a student who has passed 10th std equivalent examination from CBSE/ICSE/IGCSE/NIOS
with in Karnataka get an Eligibility Certificate? No It is not necessary
C. Student seeking admission to Second Year PUC. A student who has passed 11th or
equivalent examination from other state boards/other countries shall get the Eligibility
Certificate from the head office.
2. Who will issue the Eligibility Certificate?
A. For students who come from other countries: Department of Pre-University Education
Bangalore will issue the Eligibility Certificate
B. For students who have passed equivalent examination to S.S.L.C from other State
Boards/CBSE/ICSE from other states: The concerned Principal of the PU college will
issue the provisional Eligibility Certificate. They need not approach the Head Office
3. Can a PU college admit students without Eligibility Certificates?
No, they can't. Clear instructions have been given to all the Principals not to
admit students without Eligibility Certificates.
4. What will happen if a college admits students without Eligibility Certificates?
Such students will not be permitted to continue their education and take exams.
The concerned Principal will be solely held responsible for this. Suitable action
will be initiated against the Principal.
5. What documents should be submitted to get the Eligibility Certificate?
The following documents shall be submitted
- An attested photocopy of the 10th/11th std or equivalent Marks card.
- Attested copy of the T.C Issued by the last attended institution
- Attested copy of the Migration Certificate
- Passport documents in case NRI and other Foreign Students Visa in case of Foreign
- Original Challan for having paid the fees.
- Self addressed stamped envelope.
6. How much fee should be paid for getting Eligibility Certificate?
A. Rs. 3,600/- per certificated in case of foreign and NRI students
B. Rs. 600/- per certificate in case of students who come from other state Boards/CBSE/ICSE/IGCSE/NIOS
from other States.
7. How to apply for the Eligibility Certificate?
There is a prescribed application form. It has to be filled and submitted along
with the attested copies of relevant documents. This form is hosted on the website.
This can be downloaded and used.
8. How much time does it take to issue an Eligibility Certificate? Will it be handed
over to in person?
Normally it takes 05 working days after the receipt of the application form to issue
an Eligibility Certificate. It will not be handed over to in person. It shall be
sent by post only.